Guide to Avalon® Barriers
Used most often in streetworks, the Avalon traffic barrier provides both stability and security with an innovative lockable connector – facilitating crowds and road traffic effectively. The perfect solution to crowd control, learn more about our Avalon safety barriers from our ultimate guide today.
What is an Avalon® barrier?
An Avalon safety barrier is our most popular safety barrier. Its popularity comes primarily through its versatility – being suitable for both indoor and outdoor pedestrian applications. Typically, this barrier is used in construction, street works, excavation, utility sites and events, while being extremely easy to use and transport.
Features of Avalon® safety barriers
- Chapter 8 compliant – this product is compliant with Chapter 8 legislation.
- Varying widths – Avalon plastic barriers are available in 2m, 1m and 0.5m wide.
- Locking system – the Avalon traffic barrier has a unique and patented linking system design, which secures joints on uneven ground.
- 100% recyclable – designed and manufactured in the UK, this product is also recyclable – making it the perfect green solution.
Avalon® safety barrier accessories
- Ballast – for extra stability, you can also add ballast options for high winds. Try our Ballast Trays, Stability Bar or 1 of our StrongWall bases.
- Spigot – connect the feet to the barriers, and these are available as spare parts to repair your feet.
- Barrier feet – our barrier feet – ClearPath Feet or ClearPath Extra Feet – are specially designed to overcome trip hazards for pedestrians.
For more information on our Avalon safety barrier, read through our plastic safety barrier compliance document – which details how to use Ballast Trays, the branding options available for your Avalon Barrier and features more extras and replacement parts.
Interested in learning more about our Oxford Plastic safety barriers? Learn more about our top 5 barriers from this detailed guide. Alternatively, get in touch with a member of our expert team now to enquire about your own Oxford Plastics Avalon barriers.
Choosing Oxford Plastics Products to meet with compliance
Here at Oxford Plastics we take site safety seriously. An important part of keeping your works site safe is ensuring the prod...
How to choose the right trench cover for your needs
Trench covers are essential for safety and accessibility, typically used on construction sites for residential, domestic, or...
The importance of using trench covers with EV charging installations
2030 is a key date for motorists as it is the year when the UK bans the sale of new petrol and diesel cars. And, as motorists...