Forklift Truck Operator
Hourly rate: £11.00 per hour
Bonus: £1.10 per hour
Working Hours: Mon - Fri 07:00 - 17:00
To work alongside other departments and transport operator(s) to ensure the smooth running and organisation of the department.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
Forklift operations - 70%
- Assisting with the loading / unloading of deliveries
- Picking stock ready for shipment
- Operating a forklift truck (FLT) to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely and labelled correctly
- Assisting all department / units with FLT duties when required
- Emptying recycling skips when required
- Ensuring a reasonable standard of ‘housekeeping’ and tidiness within the yard
- Drive with due care and attention, around site and consideration for others
Quality assurance – 20%
- Preparing future loads, prestaging and checking
- Checking for damaged or missing items
- Assisting with the monthly stock take
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards
- Encouraging continuous improvement
Administrative support – 10%
- Being responsible for creating and printing the relevant labels and / or paperwork
- Assisting the Transport Manager in the office with the allocation of orders to transport.
- Assisting the Transport Manager with the booking of transport.
- Assisting the Transport Manager with ad hoc requests for transport and deliveries onto site.
- Logging Deliveries in Goods In.
- Assisting the operators, covering breaks ie, machine setting and / or operating as required
DESIRES KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Counterbalance forklift license
- Candidate must have good organisational skills.
- Candidate must be proactive and show initiative
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good PC Skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Hourly Rate £11.00 per hour
- Bonus* £1.10 per hour (10%) (Paid monthly)
- Working Hours Monday – Friday 07:00 – 17:00 (45 hrs pw)
- Annual leave 28 days per annum (inc BH)
- Pension Employer 3% contribution
*subject to meeting attendance and conduct criteria