Field Sales Representative
ANNUAL SALARY: £30,000+
PENSION: 3% EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTION
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 DAYS PLUS BH
COMPANY VAN: PROVIDED
A customer facing role with nationwide coverage, building rapport with current and potential clients through strategic planning, canvassing and acquiring new business, customer visits and product demonstrations with the aim to create additional sales in line with annual budget objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate products to end users in order to grow sales through our distributors.
- Build relationships with distributor’s salespeople in order to access key end users to present products. Attend joint visits with distributor’s salespeople, as well as by yourself.
- Carry out stand down days and branded events, ensuring that end users are trained on and aware of the business case and benefits of the products.
- Where necessary, train distributor’s depot staff and internal sales staff.
- Organise meetings on site and at customer locations, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Monitor and review sales performance as a result of your work.
- Support the company’s strategic Major Hire Provider customers in the UK and strategic product range.
- Support training our distributors’ sales teams.
- Feed back sales opportunities with other distributors and feed back on competition in the market.
- Prepare quotations, issue in a timely manner and follow up to determine the result.
- Strategically manage your own journey plan to maximise your effectiveness in your role. Maintain an up-to-date calendar.
- Share contact reports from each visit.
- Feedback market knowledge to help develop marketing content and communicate product development opportunities.
- Maintain a library of contacts and contact reports and a database record of visits.
- Work collaboratively with the customer care, sales, and marketing teams in order to contribute to the overall commercial success of the company.
- Where necessary, support other sales team members to help convert business pipeline opportunities.
- Maintain the required product sample kit for product demonstrations and keep it up to date.
- Maintain and upkeep the company van.
- Ensure that you are always a brand ambassador of Oxford Plastics, e.g. professional interactions with customers, dressed smartly with company branding.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years minimum sales experience (field-based environment is ideal)
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to persuade and influence potential sales over the line.
- Self-confidence and good relationship building skills.
- Excellent presentation, communication, digital presence, and numerical skills.
- Comfortable cold-calling and able to think on your feet.
- Well organised, self-driven and motivated individual with the ability to plan their own workload.
- Required to travel across the UK and on occasion international support.
- Proactive forward thinker, with good attention to detail.
- Comfortable proposing ideas and proposals to management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office packages.
- Full (essential), clean (desirable) UK driving license.
Your line Manager will be the Business Development Manager. All staff at Oxford Plastics are required to work as part of a team, and therefore you can also expect to work with other senior members of staff across other areas of the business.
You may at times be required to support other roles and responsibilities within the business, in addition to your regular roles and responsibilities outlined above.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. The job description will be reviewed annually as part of an appraisal process. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be subject to amendment in consultation with the job holder.
All employees of OPS have the following responsibilities:
Working in accordance with the company health and safety policy to take reasonable care for their own and colleague’s health and safety.
Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for health and safety reasons.
Adhere to the Company’s H&S requirements (i.e., risk assessments, work instructions and through training).
Work in accordance with information and training provided, and not undertake any task for which authorisation and / or training has not been given.