Wondering what ancillary equipment is? Or simply need more guidance on choosing the best ancillary equipment for your construction site? Our guide has you covered.
What is ancillary equipment?
Ancillary equipment in construction refers to the general builders’ add-ons and items required to make your safety barriers or temporary fences as effective as possible. Oxford Plastics offer ancillary equipment as spares to repair your barrier of fence fleet when necessary. This is likely to be in the form of ensuring your barriers are as stable as they can be – for example, with products such as stability bars or ballast trays to provide extra strength during winds; or ensuring your barrier is as visible as possible with hi-vis barrier feet and anti-trip features.
Ancillary equipment used in a construction capacity is the essential add-ons you need to ensure your construction equipment is compliant, safe and performing optimally. You’ll likely need to invest in this type of ancillary equipment for construction sites in general, for events, excavation sites, utilities and street works.
Types of ancillary equipment for construction
Here at Oxford Plastics, we provide a wide range of ancillary equipment which would be used in the construction industry:
- Ballast Trays – this is an anchor system for your safety barrier or temporary fence which provides extra stability in strong winds.
- ClearPath Extra Foot – these hi-vis barrier feet are double sided anti trip on one side, making them the perfect ancillary equipment for road surfaces – and a differentiating product, which is the only barrier foot if it’s kind.
- Lamp Brackets – these lamp brackets are designed to hold lamps supplied by Nissan, by clipping onto a safety barrier.
- Stability Bars – stability bars are designed to lock together two barriers, which can be fitted either at an angle of horizontally. These simply clip onto the barriers.
- Spigots –spigots work by connecting the barrier feet to the main part of the barrier. Please see our chapter 8 barrier repair guide for tips on repairing the spigot and barrier foot.
Found the ancillary equipment for you? Browse our safety barriers and temporary fences online to find the perfect construction solution – and get in touch with a member of our friendly team for more advice and support on our ancillary selection.